Seydel 1847 Noble Metal-Comb Harmonica (16501-)
List Price: $130.83 You Save: $20.98
The 1847 NOBLE is the consequently enhanced development of the successful 1847 Blues models with stainless steel reeds.
- new coverplates; matted stainless steel covers with
side-vents (openings on both sides)
- optimized sound projection and distribution of
airflow if playing fully cupped
- cone-shaped lower coverplate for low keys (LF to LC)
- minimized reed rattling in
holes 1 and 2 draw, even if played hard
- new comb accurately milled from aluminum, anodized
in black and with the SEYDEL
logo laser-engraved on the back
- superb air-tightness and improved handling due
to the greater weight of the instrument
- new tactile oval key stickers- hard wearing and
removes the danger of holding the instrument
the wrong way round, even in the dark
- approved corrosion-free fine-cut reedplates made of
German Silver fixed with stainless steel screws -
extremely close tolerances between slot and reed for
best possible tone control for the player
- precisely factory adjusted, pitch-stable and durable reeds and rivets both made of Stainless Steel - optimal tone response and a full sound.
Dave Gage Review: This is a metal comb version of the Seydel 1847 line. The stainless steel reeds and reed plates are identical to the Seydel 1847 Classic, but with a metal comb. If you enjoy the Seydel 1847 Classic but prefer an aluminum comb, then this is the model for you.
Personally, I don't see much in the way of advantages of the metal comb (or plastic comb for that matter) as long as a wood comb model is completely sealed (which the 1847 Classic is). The sibling to this model is the Seydel 1847 Silver which has a plastic comb. Of the three, I like the sealed wood comb, but all 3 models include the stainless steel reeds and great playability.